6 Thoughts on Good Leadership
A good leader is like a good ship’s captain; they plan the trip in their mind before they leave the dock.
They have a clear vision of their destination,
- they understand what it takes to get there,
- they know who needs to be on board for the trip to be successful,
- they recognise obstacles long before they appear on the horizon.
Because they prepare well, good leaders can take their people just about anywhere.
However no matter how great your vision is, if you’re not someone people are willing to follow, it will never be realised.
Who you are matters!
Here are six thoughts on good leadership:
(1) Trust connects people to a vision; with trust, they will get on board and help move the vision forward.
(2) Leadership isn’t just about what you do; it’s about inspiring and encouraging others. Good leaders bring out the best in people by sharing the best in themselves.
(3) Just because you’re the leader, don’t run people over! Abraham Lincoln said, ‘Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.’ With power comes the responsibility to serve, develop and empower others.
(4) Rules without relationship lead to resistance. You can have all the rules you want, but if you don’t invest in people and develop a relationship with them, they will rebel.
(5) Lead with optimism, enthusiasm and positive energy. Focus on solutions, not complaints. Philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler said, ‘Optimism is essential to achievement, and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.’
(6) Good leaders don’t have all the answers, but they build a team that has – or can get them.
Success is a process, not a destination. Winning is a by-product. To succeed, focus on the people and the process, not the outcome.
(Extract taken with thanks from Debbie Glass)
An action step you can take today…
Invest you time by talking with me about 3 key ideas to implement into your business immediately. You’ll come away knowing how ‘The Profit Chain’ works. Finding the weakest link in business so it can be rectified. You’ll learn how to free up 33% of your time, so you can do the things you want and not be tied to the business. And there will be more great content that will help you have a great business.
Yes if….I invest me time, I will make even more money
Yes if….I invest me time I will free up my time
E-mail right now and lets have a sensible conversation about your business
Book a call:s://calendly.com/personalcall/15min
Who am I: http://flow.page/peteokeeffe
Youtube Chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxAo4mEYJzLxFXDSUzX252A