A good leader is like a good ship’s captain; they plan the trip in their mind before they leave the dock.
They have a clear vision of their destination,
– they understand what it takes to get there,
– they know who needs to be on board for the trip to be successful,
– they recognise obstacles long before they appear on the horizon.
Because they prepare well, good leaders can take their people just about anywhere.
However no matter how great your vision is, if you’re not someone people are willing to follow, it will never be realised.
Who you are matters!
Here are six thoughts on good leadership:
(1) Trust connects people to a vision; with trust, they will get on board and help move the vision forward.
(2) Leadership isn’t just about what you do; it’s about inspiring and encouraging others. Good leaders bring out the best in people by sharing the best in themselves.
(3) Just because you’re the leader, don’t run people over! Abraham Lincoln said, ‘Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.’ With power comes the responsibility to serve, develop and empower others.
(4) Rules without relationship lead to resistance. You can have all the rules you want, but if you don’t invest in people and develop a relationship with them, they will rebel.
(5) Lead with optimism, enthusiasm and positive energy. Focus on solutions, not complaints. Philosopher Nicholas Murray Butler said, ‘Optimism is essential to achievement, and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.’
(6) Good leaders don’t have all the answers, but they build a team that has – or can get them.
Success is a process, not a destination. Winning is a by-product. To succeed, focus on the people and the process, not the outcome.
(Extract taken with thanks from Debbie Glass)
An action step you can take today…
Janelle and I will be presenting a series of MASTERCLASSES at the Business Show: London ExCel, 16th and 17th November.
Over the two days you’ll learn more leadership strategies and ideas.
If you want to be a Leader, and be willing to change what may possibly not be working in your Business, then come and listen as we present these strategies and ideas during our 45 minute MasterClass presentations, (stand B1550) so you reach your maximum potential.
Register for your FREE ticket here:
Please come and join us at Stand B1550
SIMPLE STRATEGIES for SERIOUS Business Owners who want SOLID results.
Book a call:https://calendly.com/personalcall/15min
Who am I: http://flow.page/peteokeeffe
Youtube Chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxAo4mEYJzLxFXDSUzX252A