As a busy C.E.O. or Business owner it’s challenging to keep your staff highly trained and inspired.
Running a business when your team isn’t performing is a bit like flying an aero plane in clouds – you can’t see where you’re going or where the destination is!
And maybe you want to get out of the clouds and know what direction you’re heading in?
Could it be your team are like an aerobatic aero plane – they’re upside down, and you don’t know how to get them right side up, due to the inconsistency of their team performance?
Potentially you want to be in control of your team and your business – sitting in the pilot’s seat!
Knowledge, skill, talent and drive that have got you to where you are now, may not get you any further. There is possibly a missing link somewhere!
The link that progresses you to that next stage of business growth, because you’ve invested, time, energy and money into your business.
What is the missing link that will help you push past the plateau and continue growing at a consistent rate.
The 7M Business Growth Newsletter will help you understand what the missing link may possibly be in your Business and how you can adapt to a new rhythm of Business Performance. It draws on the 7 areas that ensure a High Performing Business is run by a High Performing Process and a High Performance Team.
This week I want to share with you SHACKLETON’S WAY OF GETTING THE GROUP THROUGH A CRISIS.
Shackleton was one of the world’s greatest explorers. What made him even more remarkable was his ability to get the best out of the men he commanded. Even when their ship – “The Endurance” sank in the Weddell Sea, his men still believed that He would help them survive.
Shackleton then undertook one of the most perilous journeys ever undertaken across the Southern ocean in a small open lifeboat. Arriving on South Georgia after an arduous 800 miles, he then resupplied, found a larger vessel, turned around immediately, and sailed back to rescue his men still trapped on the ice. Not one of his crew was lost – after nearly 2 years trapped in the Antarctic! He is, and was a true leader of men.
This is SHACKLETON’S WAY OF OF GETTING THE GROUP THROUGH A CRISIS.
. (An Extract taken from the book, Shackleton’s Way, by Morrell and Capparell)
SHACKLETON’S WAY OF GETTING THE GROUP THROUGH A CRISIS
· When crisis strikes, immediately address your staff. Take charge of the situation, offer a plan of action, ask for support, and show absolute confidence in a positive outcome.
· Get rid of unnecessary middle layers of authority. Direct leadership is more efficient in emergency situations.
· Plan several options in detail. Get a grasp of the possible con sequences of each, always keeping your eye on the big picture.
· Streamline supplies and operations so they won’ t slow you down.
· Give your staff an occasional reality check to keep them on course. After time, people will start to treat a crisis situation as business as usual and lose their focus.
· Keep your malcontents close lo you. Resist your instinct to avoid them and instead try to win them over and gain their support.
· Defuse tension. 1n high-s tress situations use humour lo put people at ease, and keep your staff busy.
· Let go of the past. Don’ t waste time or energy regretting past mistakes or fretting over what you can’t change.
· Ask for advice and information from a variety of sources, but ultimately make decisions based on your own best judgment.
· Let all the people involved in the crisis participate in the solution, even if that means doling out some work that is less than vital.
· Be patient. Sometimes the best course of action is to do nothing but watch and wait.
· Give your staff plenty of time to gel used lo the idea of an un popular decision.
An action step you can take today…
– Invest you time in my upcoming Teamship workshop on Wednesday 27th July 10am
Here’s the link
This is the link to let you know what I’m covering during the Training on 27th July)
– Do subscribe and share this Newsletter!
I’m Pete O’Keeffe.
I’ve been mentoring CEO’s and Business owners for over 23 years.
Many have increased their profits by over 150% and reduced their hours of work so they spend more time on doing the things they enjoy, away from work.
I believe Business owners need to ensure they balance Business and Personal time.
My book, Family Matters, So Does Business, 5 ways to keep your Family & Business Flying was an Amazon #1 bestseller in 2020.
Want to fast-track and have a chat about your Business? Book a 15-minute call here:
Book a call:https://calendly.com/personalcall/15min
Who am I: http://flow.page/peteokeeffe
Youtube Chanel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxAo4mEYJzLxFXDSUzX252A